Saturday, November 5, 2011

Crazy NCAA Weekend

The Oklahoma St-Kansas St game just finished, and this basically wraps up the college football weekend. It was the most exciting weekend of college football that I've seen in a long while. First, in the afternoon, my Stanford Cardinal defeated the Beavers of Oregon St, ensuring that Stanford remains undefeated going into their high-profile matchup against Oregon next Saturday. The Oregon game will truly tell us if Stanford is a BCS contender or pretender this year and I can't wait for Saturday to come.

Second, that was a hell of a game between LSU and Alabama. Not a lot of offense, but it really gave me a feeling about what SEC football is like. Even my dad was glued to the game. The hits were vicious, the play was aggressive, the game was close. Everything about that game was amazing. The Alabama kicker is probably kicking himself right now (no pun intended) for missing the 4 field goals. That really sucks for him and Alabama, but if you can't make a field goal, you don';t deserve to go undefeated. That's the harsh reality.



Finally, I was able to catch the end of the Okla St vs. K-State game after the aforementioned matchup. I had not watched Kansas State at all this season before this game and they showed some heart out there. It would have been so much better had they won (because Stanford would be guaranteed the #3 ranking) but the game was amazing. I was jumping up and down, praying for a big play, and I got my wish. Then with 5 seconds remaining and K-State on the 5-yard line, QB Collin Klein threw the ball to the left corner of the end zone only to watch it get batted away. Everyone on the Cowboy sideline was leaping with joy, but the game wasn't over yet! 1 second on the clock. Klein airmailed the next pass though and Oklahoma State survived unscathed. That was a fun game to watch though. I could tell that the Wildcats were for real, with how they managed and nearly won during the end of the game.

That's why I love college football. There's so much excitement when #1 vs. #2 goes into OT, or when your favorite team crushes an opponent after losing two of your top receivers, or when a game you wouldn't normally care about is decided on the final play with 1 second left and you are jumping up and down and Tebowing on one knee. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment